Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Home Game Announcement

Hello Internets! I just wanted to give ya'll an update about my Home Game which will start up this coming summer. Basically I've been looking around for some fun adventures to take my new party on, and I've decided to start with the Red Box starter adventure "The Twisted Halls" produced by Wizards of the Coast and here's why...

I've personally have never been a big fan of the adventures Wizards has published. Some of them just aren't that memorable or interesting enough to hold my attention for too long (Eberron being the exception). But with all the new Essential material flooding the scene, I think that I owe Wizards another chance.

Also I have a well blended party of new players, veteran players, and casual players, which makes me a little nervous. How do I please my experienced players and provide enough guidance to my nubs? Normally I would spend a few sleepless nights concocting a complex adventure of my own creation but this time I'm going to take a back seat and see what Essentials has to offer.

Now what does this mean for you? Well, I'm going to make regular posts about the games and the players' experiences, and what it was like DMing. Also, Scott Farspell and I are going to start an actual play podcast so that people can follow along with all the action. So if you are thinking of starting an Essentials campaign, keep checking in for more updates to hear how our game is going.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant. Play hard or play safe but at all costs never stop playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment